- Golden rule, be neutral, do not show any excitement or else the shopkeeper would not even reduce a penny.
- Be in comfortable wear and footwear, you need to walk a lot so dress up in most comfortable manner.
- Carry your own bags, as the bags given by shopkeepers are low in quality as well you may lose your articles as those bags are easily torn.
- Never get down from a car and then shop, shopkeepers would know you have money they will increase the price than reducing.
- Bargain till you can, ensure you’re polite and get the best prices as possible.
- Be friendly with the shopkeeper, this will help you get good price off.
- Set a budget and be strict on it after all we all love to save money.
- Take shopkeeper into confidence; promise him you are going to be regular customer as well will be buying in bulk in near future. This will help you in getting goods at lower price.
- Look for the holes in the clothes, as these are export rejected articles be careful while buying.
- Do not worry, if one shopkeeper do not bargains go to the other, after all they all will to sell as well have same products.
- Go shopping between 3pm -6pm best times to shop.
- Carry your umbrella / goggles, wet tissues and water as its always sunny out there on street.
My mother’s eyes were wide open; she was surprised on seeing her most costly kid as a street smart shopper! Thanks to college days and my friends from whom I learnt to buy road side articles and bargaining. Recently, had visited my aunt’s place Mumbai where I, mom and her sister went street shopping. All were stunned to see me shopping and at such cheap rates. Here are few tips which helped me; hope would be useful to rest as well.
Would suggest, going Bandra for street shopping you would find everything all you need to is hunt best one for you and your pocket. Do enjoy the tasty ‘Elco Pani Puri’ after your shopping.
Follow Soumya Shetty on Quora
Sharing is what I always believe in, since childhood I have been most expressive kid in my family. Making new friends, jelling up with people, traveling or participating in any event, I have always been in the fore front. Hello friends this is Soumya Shetty a Pharmacist, I love reading, travelling to places, visiting spiritual places the rich history behind the existence attracts me. Moreover, at the same time I too enjoy shopping with friends, movies, food, and parties. Most importantly, “sharing” so here is crazy Soumu sharing her experiences and life with you friends. Hope you would like being part of my life’s journey.